Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:34:42 -0400
From:         Woody Halsey <WoodyHalsey@compuserve.com>
Subject:      convex mirrors

Dear List,

I have been long silent, but not inactive on the 1983.5 V'gon. In fact, since last I wrote I have

-- had the entire front end beautifully rebuilt,

-- new shocks installed

-- added an excellent trailer hitch from Dennis Haynes

-- and finally solved the rough-running problems with a new wiring harness and ECU.

I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil and recently got 25 MPG on a trip from MA to NJ and back. Next week I take my kids from Maine to Cape May, NJ and thence by ferry to Lewes, DE for a family reunion.

On the esthetic front I have put a second-hand but freshly shampooed OE carpet in the front with JC Whtiney sisal mats on top of that,and I have had the seats reupholstered, using a tough wool tweed fabric I found at an outlet. Finally, for the first time ever, a couple of weeks ago I waxed her to a fare the well, using Zymol. Never in her 230K+ miles has she looked,

felt or run better.

Now I am looking into getting Haakapellitas for winter.

My question: Has anyone had any experience with the convex right hand side mirror available through Sewfine? They sell one for $99. West Coast metric says its a dealer item and costs $159. Camelback says they are not listed

in their fiches. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pls reply to my personal address, as I am not yet back on the list.

Many thanks,

Woody 83.5 V'gon 64 restored Beetle still for sale