Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:51:05 EDT
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@aol.com>
Subject:      ECU costs

I am back from being out of town.

**If you go to Yellowstone Park, look out for "Free Range Cattle" signs. I was two feet from totaling a rent a car with a black Angus steer playing in the middle of the road in the pitch black night. (The ford Taurus bright lights are not too bright)

The total cost for

1 chip $450.00 Aussie @0.59 equals USD $265.00 10 chips $3500.00 Aussie @0.59 equals USD $2065.00 to be mailed to

Freight and Insurance $90.00 Aussie or @0.59 equals USD $53.00 for the 10 chips

one chip would be approx $15.00 Aussie or @0.59 equals USD 9.00

so USD $274.00 for 1 chip or USD $2118.00 for 10 chips OR $211.8 each plus shipping to you in US

I have seven buyers with five more interested.

I have asked David for more info about the chip.

Any more want the chip.

**I can even install the chip in your ECU if you do not want to for a small cost.

I will pass any info on as I get it.

**I think that if you add the chip and drive normally there will not be a decrease in mileage. The longer you have to hold the throttle down, the lower the mileage. The chip should get you to speed faster decreasing the time you need to hold the pedal down. But if you add the chip and start trying to race every one, then you mileage will go down.

Remember I added a bigger cam and other modifications to increase airflow and power and increased my mileage...

Robert