Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:45:09 -0600
From:         Johnnie Keith <keithcon@worldnet.att.net>
Subject:      Re: Inverter Question
Comments: To: Larry Innes <linnes@innu.ca>

If you foresee only a single item it makes sense to get the specific 12v adapter. However, this can get expensive for more than one item. Typical prices I found for the manufacturers 12v adapters were ~$100 for camera and >$100 for laptop . Generic 12v adapters are cheaper, but their use probably invalidates the warranty. The 110vac adapter is usually included in purchase price, so the inverter at <$100 is by the cheapest way to go even if not the most efficient in terms of electrical power used. John ----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Innes <linnes@innu.ca> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 4:39 AM Subject: Re: Inverter Question