Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:04:36 -0600
From:         Tony Demille <tony@candesa.com>
Subject:      Re: Captain's Chair armrest
Comments: To: Brent Christensen <bpchristensen1@home.com>

yes! i've done this now to all my armrests. it describes the procedure in the bently manual. it's really not too difficult to do, but getting the pin back in takes a flashlight and some patience.

sidenote; eagle hardware (may be called lowes in some places) has pins that will replace the originals if yours are lost. they also have a large selection of metric bolts, etc. it's quite nice, i'm usually able to find replacement parts (bolts, nuts, screws, misc. rubber, etc.) there without any problem. recently found bolts that match the originals for my middle bench. sweet!

hope that helps out!

Tony DeMille Creative Director/VW lover Candesa Interactive 251 River Park Dr. Provo, Utah 84604

> ---------- > From: Brent Christensen > Reply To: Brent Christensen > Sent: Monday, August 7, 2000 11:28 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Captain's Chair armrest > > If you pull the fabric back from the pivot point, you will see that there > is > a pin that holds the arm rest on. You can drive it completely out with a > 1/4 punch, readjust things, and then drive it back into place. (Or just > drive it back into place as it is if you can get everything to line up). > Just be careful not to pinch the fabric with the punch. > > This job is best done with an extra set of hands, IMO. > > Brent Christensen > '89 GL Syncro Westy "Klaus" > Santa Barbara, CA > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Michael Schiesser" <fruitlands@yahoo.com> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 9:40 AM > Subject: Captain's Chair armrest > > > > THe armrest on my passenger seat is sort of flooped > > down, no longer engaged, it just hangs there. I'd love > > to figure out how to get it all apart and I have > > tried. I figure the factory had to get it on somehow, > > so I can get it off to try and fix or replace it. ANy > > suggestions would be appreciated. > > > > MIchael SChiesser > > Seattle WA > > 89 Westfalia > > > > ===== > > Michael Schiesser MD > > 1732 18th Ave #J > > Seattle WA 98122 > > > > "Fruitlands" is name given to the region around Harvard Mass by early > settlers. We dont live there any more, but I did when I chose fruitlands > as > a user name. > > > > __________________________________________________ > > Do You Yahoo!? > > Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites. > > http://invites.yahoo.com/ > >

[application/ms-tnef]