Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:19:43 -0700
From:         Rodney Kindlund <rodkraft@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Re: WBX Nightmares
Comments: To: SBWC919@aol.com

I just gotta reply to this one, too! I know I didn't buy my VW bus because of the horsepower; come on now, let's face it. I have had no problems with my WBX that a better PO couldn't have helped. But now I am doing the maintenance, so I gotta fix things up a bit. My Wolfie has the power I need to go where I wanna go. Sure, I probly have to get me two studded tires to make it through the winter here in the mountains of NC, but I accept that because I love my Wolfie; it's a reliable machine. I will attack the A/C that doesn't work at the moment, but that'll wait until next spring. I don't; think of my Vanagon as being inefficient because I am getting 22.8 MPG, it goes over 65 MPH (if I want it to), and I have never been left on the side of the road. Course, I'm not looking for a Barracuda Hemi 440 outta the VW. I don't need the extra power; maybe some do. BTW, I had a Barracuda Hemi 440 once. Traded it in for a VW....straight across, and have mostly owned VWs since 1970. Let' remember that the VW is meant to be reliable transportation. I bought my current Vanagon because I needed capacity to haul my leathergoods to art fairs; it is functional and dependable. Who can ask for anything more? I guess my final take on it is that if you want a more efficient automobile, don't you usually have to give up something? You're not going to get excellent gas mileage in a Vanagon, but I'll bet it is better that what you'd get after all the conversions to "soup-up" the engine.

Rodney Asheville, NC '84 Wolfie