Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:45:40 -0400
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@sprintmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Water Wetter...??

I've been using Water Wetter in a 16V Jetta for a couple of years. It has helped in that car as it has an aftermarket computer chip along with high compression and a knock sensor. Hot days would cause the combination to get too hot and "ping". The knock sensor would retard timing causing power loss. Water Wetter has reduced the ping and resultant power loss.

The Water Wetter did not show a reduction on the temp gauge however. It apparently causes an increased thermal transfer from hot spots in the head to the coolant. Theoretically (though I did not see it) this would increase the coolant temp as it is carrying more heat out of the head and to the radiator.

I'm not sure that Water Wetter would be of much value to a waterboxer.

Gary ----- Original Message ----- From: Don & Sue Welch <d.welch@eudoramail.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 9:51 PM Subject: Water Wetter...??