Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:52:14 -0400
From:         Gary Stearns <gstearns@sprintmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon High Beams...

The high beams in our Vanagons somehow escaped the eye of the D.O.T. We get the same ones as the europeans. That means that the bulb is a euro-spec bulb, not a USA 900*. I can't recall if it's an H1, H2 or H3, but pull it out and it will say on the base which it is. Then go to http://catalog.com/susq/index.htm to buy bulbs. These guys supply the rallye community. No frills, just good stuff.

If you actually go to a higher wattage, better consider an upgrade in wiring too. Put 100 watt bulbs with stock wiring and you'll be disappointed, guaranteed. To learn more about wiring upgrades, go to http://lighting.mbz.org/. This is a set that pretends to sell stuff, but apparently never got it up and running. The technical info on bulbs and wiring is pretty good though.

Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: Don & Sue Welch <d.welch@eudoramail.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 3:28 PM Subject: Vanagon High Beams...