Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:22:46 EDT
From:         JordanVw@aol.com
Subject:      FS: '85 vw Quantum GL turbo diesel- $850 (NVC)

i saw this on ep.com..

For sale: '85 VW Quantum GL Turbo Diesel

Great economic and comfortable car for commutes! 40Mpg!

I used it when I week-commuted between my house in Rochester, NY and job at Yale Univ. Now I relocated to Johns Hopkins and live nearby so I bike instead. Don't need a commuter car.

TURBO Diesel engine 200k, rebuilt 50k ago. Always starts, even in -25F Rochester winters! Longitudinal mount (As in Audi's, BMW: drives better and with more room/easier to service than transverse golf/jetta) Cruises comfortably and quitely at any speed (100+ mph).

5 sp tranny. B2 Chassis: ------------------------ Same chassis as European Passat, Santana, Audi 80, 4000, Quattro. Drives great! (Won everything in the European rally circuit when they came out in the 80's)

GL version with power everything: --------------------------------- Power locks, Power windows Power sunroof. Cruise control. Alloy wheels. Tachometer. Has AC, but seldom needed it in Upstate NY. (Compressor runs, holds pressure for years, but needs recharge now.) Original VW/Blaupunkt Heidelberg premium sound system.

Sedan 4door body. ---------------- Light green. (Inconspicuous color and model avoids speeding tickets) No structural or underbody rust whatsoever. A few small surface spots have been sanded and painted immediately after they appeared.

Needs: New parking brake cable on left rear. New tires pretty soon.

Located in Baltimore, MD near Johns Hopkins University. ------------------------------------------------------- (By car: just off I83 or Balt/Wash DC commuter train: Near Woodberry light rail station (we live in the Woodberry forest area))

Asking: $850

Extras: Bike rack and kayak/canoe rack negotiable.