Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:24:32 -0700
From:         Rennie Wible <volksdragon@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Re: ETKA - can it crossreference?
Comments: To: "Buettner, Peter" <PGB@dolby.com>

Peter,

Pick the icon on the top right that is 2 (?) spaces to the right of the printer icon. The submenu has a ATP listing. Click on that and enter the part number you wish to search for. Don't forget to enter color codes, where applicable. The numbers have to be entered exactly correct or it will not recognize the number. ie, 251711263A for a clutch slave cylinder.

VW has a particular way of handling the color codes and standard (nuts & bolts) parts. Standards are entered N 10013401 which is clutch bolts for a 99 Jetta (oops, wrong list!). There must be 2 spaces between the 'N' and the number.

The color codes are weird too. VW uses a 14 digit numbering system. ie, 251 857 561A 581, is a white sunvisor clip. The ATP requires you to enter 251857561A 581 . If there is a 2 digit modifier, then it would look like 251857561AB581 .

Good luck with your searches.

Rennie VolksDragon@earthlink.net Los Angeles

61 crew cab 65 convertible 84 vanagon 93 fox