Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:32:22 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@aol.com
Subject:      Re: FUEL LINE: Hate to Burn, Then Learn.
Comments: To: TSmith5041@aol.com

I had some really bad experiences with NAPA "high pressure" fuel line last summer. I used some of it on a customers van conversion that we were doing. I was out of the German stuff so I figured this would be just as good. The hoses started popping one at a time. After the third hose burst (I kid you not) the lines were all replaced with German high pressure line. No problems since. I don't know why, but the NAPA stuff is sub par.

I sell a fuel line replacement kit for the engine compartment that includes the German hose, stainless Swedish clamps, and How-to instructions for $53. Many list members have purchased and used this kit and have liked it (I have it on my '91 Carat with no problems). When it comes to fuel lines, why worry when you can fix the problem and have peace of mind for not that much money and time?

Thanks, Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16

New Phone (856)-327-4936 Shop: (856)-765-1583 Fax: (856)-327-2242