Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:55:03 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@netcarrier.com>
Subject:      Did we get your order?
Comments: To: type2@type2.com, vintagebus@type2.com

I recently became aware of two orders that were entered via our website around the timeframe of July 24-29 but did not reach us. It seems our server "burped" a couple of times during that period (a situation which, according to our provider, was resolved by the 30th). While I don't think there were any widespread problems, I also can't rule out the possibility that there could be one or two more orders out there that did not actually reach us.

Here's how to make sure we got your order.

When you first place the order, the website will generate a confirmation number. This occurs only after you click on the "submit order" button at the bottom of the last screen. This means that your order made it to our web host's server. At the same time, as I recall, it may also send you a "canned" email containing that same confirmation number.

You will then receive a personalized email from Jerry De Baun, confirming your order. This will occur either on the same, or at latest the next, working day from when you place your order. This means that the order made it from the server to us.

If you do not receive BOTH the confirmation number AND the email from Jerry De Baun, then the order did not reach us.

Even under the best of circumstances, every once in a while an order gets lost in cyberspace. This is an unavoidable fact, and is precisely why we incorperate not one but two confirmations so you can be confident that we got your order.

The two orders I know of may have been the only missing ones. But if anyone else placed an order and did not get both a confirmation and an email from Jerry, please email Jerry at sales@busdepot.com just to make sure we got it.

Thanks, Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW