Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:04:02 -0700
From:         A & C Grobey <alien1@jps.net>
Subject:      Re: Clanging my way through Oregon

I've lived in Oregon all my life and I HATE the fact that I cannot pump my own gas. We usually have to wait longer for the pimple-faced kid to get around to get to us and overfill the tank. My blood begins to boil when I sit and wait with the realization I could do it faster, better, and pay less for it. Two days ago this kid tried to put diesel in my tank. He said, "why doesn't the nozzle fit in your Eurovan?" It's a Vanagon, not a Eurovan and it isn't a diesel!

I can't explain why it is this way except that it is one of those stupid historical things that people don't want to change. We also don't have a sales tax. This kills me too. I work in International marketing and every time I have guests from overseas spending thousands on electronics (cause it is cheaper in the US), I keep thinking that it means more money that I have to pay that I wouldn't be paying if I lived in Washington.

Hey wait a minute... I haven't said anything about my van in this post. Oh well, I don't need to cause its running like a dream

Alan Sherwood, OR