Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:03:08 -0700
From:         Brian Sassone <brians@xwarecorp.com>
Subject:      Re: Batteries: Optima vs new Exide spiral wound?
Comments: To: Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>

I should have said "standard deep cycle" which are bigger than the optima but will fit under the seat or in the side lower compartment of a westy. You don't have a westy? Guess you'll have to find a sawz-all. ;-)

One other clarification, the "height and width" are of the battery. When laying on it's side, the height gives you clearance forward to back, the width top to bottom. The top to bottom clearance is sufficient so that the little door can still close. The top posts stick forward in the opening just under the seat. (The battery without the side posts is cheaper anyway). The side to side clearance is sloppy, so I just wedged it in with a scrap piece of lumber.

Brian (again)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Davidson" <wdavidson@thegrid.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 9:48 AM Subject: Re: Batteries: Optima vs new Exide spiral wound?