Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:02:17 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@interpac.net>
Subject:      89 syncro westy ac question

So, Mark Dorm got me thinking yesterday... perhaps the freon that was in the system when I took it in for repair (there was about 2 12 pounds) was bad. It was God knows how old. Can freon go bad over time, lose it's charge, or it's good as long as it hasn't leaked out? If it was bad, that might explain why the tech couldn't get cold air until he added an additional three pounds of "good" freon to the system. He put the old freon back in the system, then began to add the new. Techie says no... if it's present, it's good, it it's missing, it's bad. Can't be there and be bad. Using R-12 by the way.

Whadayathinkabouthat?

Mick Kalber Tropical Visions Video, Inc. 62 Halaulani Place Hilo, Hawaii 96720 ph. 808-935-5557 fax 808-935-0066 hotlava@interpac.net www.volcanoscapes.com

-----Original Message----- From: BenTbtstr8@aol.com [mailto:BenTbtstr8@aol.com] Sent: Monday, August 14, 2000 11:05 PM To: hotlava@interpac.net; vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: 89 syncro westy ac up and running