Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:14:12 -0700
From:         Tobin Copley <tobin.copley@ubc.ca>
Subject:      Re: Car Camping near Mt St Helens (No Vanagon Content)
Comments: To: Michael Schiesser <fruitlands@yahoo.com>

The wetwesties will be doing a group camp and exploration this weekend (Aug 25/26), and camping at Seaquest. Dunno if you have any interest in shifting dates slightly to take the opportunity to meet other Type II/vanagon people. I do not know if Seaquest is now full or not.

Check the archives for the wetwesties list at http://wetwesties.org/ for further info on Mt. St. Helen's. I believe Fred Stoermer had some ideas on alternative places to camp. I don't recall the conclusion to the discussion on free camping possibilities within the park, though, sorry.

I won't be there, as prior commitments take precedence.

Have a great time!

T.

At 1:24 PM -0700 8/23/00, Michael Schiesser wrote: >My Brother is visiting from back East here to Seattle, >and we are going to take the Vanagon down to the >destruction around Mt St Helens thursday evening, and >climb around there on Friday. > >Anyone have some good suggestions for cool places to >park the vanagon overnight and pop the top, without >feeling like we might get harrassed for being >neo-hippy trespassers?

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tobin Copley Bowen Island, BC, Canada 49deg 23'N-123deg 19'W

'82 Westfalia 1.6L NA diesel ("Stinky") '97 son Russell ============= '99 daughter Margaret /_| |_L| |__|:| clatter 1995: 'Round US, Mexico, Canada 15,000 mi {. .| clatter! 1996: Vancouver to Inuvik, NWT 7,400 km ~-()-==----()-~ Previous buses: '76 westy deluxe (Daisy), '76 westy standard (Mango) http://www.sfu.ca/~tcopley/vw/