Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:34:15 PDT
From:         Mark Dorm <mark_hb@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: AC Belt - Is it needed?
Comments: To: BenTbtstr8@aol.com

Well, how much gas savings are we talking about??? And how often should a well functioning AC system be run to keep it well lubbed (supple seals)? If gas goes to five dollars a gallon this year or next... and since winter doesn't need the AC.... maybe it would pay to remove the ac belt and put it back on periodically to run the ac for lubbing - [and if the belt is off the ac periodically would this save the ac from unnecessary wear in the part that spins whenever the engine is on???]