Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:56:58 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: Westy Cookware
Comments: To: Oxroad@aol.com

(FWIW a dutch oven is just a big cast iron pot > which does not have it's own heat source. Great for cooking a pot roast at > home but too cumbersome for inside the Westy).

I have, and use a dutch oven that has three legs as part of the pot... I have several sizes, but I take a small 8" one in the westy... cook things like lazzonia, stew, enchilladas, and best of all... stuffed cornish game hen... with potatoes, carrots, onion... yum... the small pot will make enough for two hungry people... a 10" pot would make enough for three, I think..

Bill