Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:22:25 -0700
From:         Garrett Adams <gadams@jps.net>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Hoses

My 1983 has the original hoses as far as I know. I bought it used in 1987. All I've replaced is the coolant tank and the temp sensor. In 1991 a VW rebuilt engine was installed @96k but I think they retained all the engine compartment coolant hoses. I suppose, after reading the horror stories here on the list, I should now keep a close eye on them.

Garrett Adams 83.5 Adventurewagen GL Stockton, California

My vanagon is a 1991 model - Haven't replaced any hoses since I've owned it - just the water pump, and the sensor twice, and the coolant tank --- anyway, does anyone have a timeline on when the hoses are do for complete replacement - like those with 84 models ect, how many years after purchase was it necessary for you to replace all the coolant lines??? 10 years, 12, 14, 16.....

And can someone who never works on his own vehicles do this without too much trouble???