Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:14:47 -0400
From:         Dan Stevens <dstevens@twcny.rr.com>
Subject:      Re: photosynthetic bead site
Comments: To: Fred Brittain <vanpire@bibbs.com>

Educational Innovationsnope not a teacher, not even really educated except by my own need and invention, just thought such stuff was cool.. I am quite inquisitive and look for the more unique things in life. though I do have a great grasp of physics but my lack of higher math always limited me. I am in Business Information for a career and I am trying to start my own business restoring bugs and doing Light MFG work.

anyway. as for the tint I do think it is cumulative

as for the list,, well the ruling majority only answer to tires/clutch/ign/fuel/ and such and do not really dabble wher they don't know IMHO that is wher the educated are lacking and the uneducated are stronger. but that never shows in the pocketbook or in the dental hygene.. (hope I didn't step on any toes ) there are exceptions to every stereotype and I hope we are all in that group. :) dan Stevens humble and inquisitive 76 baja td with 1/4 ton military trailer 82 vanagon td converted camper

Dan,

I, of course, meant to say photosensitive (not synthetic). Anyway, they do give a reasonable idea of how much UV is being filtered. The site has much cool stuff to teach science to kids.

Question: IF my van came with 10% tint (or 90% if it's now calculated that way) and I add 30%, does that have a cumulative affect and give me 40%? You're the only one of 800 list members who thought the beads were cool. Are you a teacher?

Fred 89 Westy

http://www.teachersource.com/