Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:35:11 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@thegrid.net>
Subject:      Re: Bar's leak versus other fixes
Comments: To: "MOST,DAVID" <most@ucla.edu>

> Meanwhile, I remember Ken talking about something called Morosco or Moroso > as an alternative to Bar's stop leak. What's the current list sentiment > on Bar's stop leak? And, does anyone remember the name of the product > recommended by Ken? Any opinions about this product?

I think it's marked under the name of K & W ... at least out here in the west... two fix leak products... one for water only; no coolant... the other for coolant... for what ever reason I never see the coolant one on the shelf... just the water only... perhaps they feel Barr's has it covered for the coolant fix leak products...

Ken spoke highly of Moroso... K&W... and thought it less likely to clog the system than the Barr's... others swear by Barr's... But different than Barr's you can't just put it in and leave it... it must be drained within 24 yours as I remember...

There are also other products out there... at least 3 other stop leak products that I say yesterday at NAPA...

I have no experience with any of these products... but my mechanic didn't think much of any of them... his concern is that they could clog up my coolant system... reduce cooling capacity by leaving a coating on the inside of thing...

In any case, it's only a temporary fix... you will need new head gaskets...

Bill