Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:04:33 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@interpac.net>
Subject:      Re: LT 28D westy - Cold/Hot Showers

This is precisely why I've been trying to learn more about the Mercedes Benz vans called the Marco Polo and the James Cook... a smoother way to camp. It would appear that the Marco Polo is quite similar to the Eurovan Westys, except more well appointed (and better made possibly?), but the James Cook is all you have described... larger... toilet, shower, the whole nine yards... oh, and 4WD option is available too... JC and MP are available in Europe but not in the states apparently. Have talked to people in Switzerland about them, but no one in the US/Canada that I know of has had direct contact. Any of you ever seen/driven one? Sure they'll be more expensive, but I can dream can't I? I love my vanagon, but...

Mick Kalber Tropical Visions Video, Inc. 62 Halaulani Place Hilo, Hawaii 96720 ph. 808-935-5557 fax 808-935-0066 hotlava@interpac.net www.volcanoscapes.com

>Gary <glee@ultralink.com>:

>The slowest VW I ever drove was a 1982 LT28D diesel westfalia that was for >sale locally (western canada). It was built on the LT chassis, had a 2.8 >liter 5 cylinder non turbo. The LT of those days was a big van, bigger >than >our domestic vans. It was Very tall, had something like over 6 feet of >standing headroom front to back in the fixed fiberglass roof. Plus there >was an enormous roof rack. Had hot water, shower, everything we wish our >vanagon westfalias had.

That's something I've wondered about - if you want to do some urban camping how can you shower in the van? (without making a mess, or attracting the police) - does this LT he's refering offer any possibilities for dreaming up an installed compact shower thing or mechanism that could fit into the van and tuck out of the way the rest of the time??? I know you can rough it - but how can you smooth it? Isn't this vehicle supposed to be a compact, land loving yacht? _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.