Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:11:40 -0500
From:         Ken Nelson <bm30@USWEST.NET>
Subject:      An electrical point to ponder

A while ago my '85 Van was ransacked while I was (am) in the middle of swapping from a 1.9 to a 2.1-liter engine. A bunch of connectors were cut, things disappeared, graffiti was sprayed on, and a good time was had by whoever did it. The City inspectors came though and tagged all the vandalized vehicles - including my van. I got it running good enough for the inspectors by bypassing a lot of engine controls and luck. Now I'm trying to undo the damage that the vandals and I inflicted on the poor thing. I live for this sort of thing, but I've run into a little problem. As I'm straightening out the fuel injection wiring I noticed that the wire number on the left side injectors (the fuel control, ignition module, and the 2 left side fuel injectors were the only connectors not cut in the engine compartment) are, according to my Bentley, for cylinders 1 & 2. My question is; are the injectors numbered different then the cylinders? Specifically wires 12 & 28 are in one connector (currently on cylinder # 3's injector). And wires 11 & 29 are in the other connector (currently on cylinder # 4's injector). This isn't the same as the wiring diagram on page 97.61 of the Bentley. That and there isn't enough wire to stretch over to the other side of the engine.

This is all fairly mute since I have other problems to mend right now, but, if the wire numbers are wrong on this, then what else is different?

Ken Nelson