Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:32:05 -0600
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Let's not let this happen again if we can

>Dear List Members...it was with a saddened heart that I learned of >Kristens death. I am a single woman that often travels alone...I tend to >agree with the post from //////Chris...it is imperative, that prudence >rules our decisions while traveling alone....it has long been generally >known that rest stops are not safe to stay in alone..

It would be better if people were allowed to fend for themselves, and to defend themselves according to their rights, and to the dictate of their conscience, but since people are not even allowed to talk about it, I would not wait up for the situation to get any better. <sarcasm on>After all, its always better to get killed and then have someone call the cops, than it is to defend yourself. Let's give away all of our freedoms to the government and the criminals. That is where we are going, and the attitude that prevails here is not helping us one bit. <sarcasm off>

I think the policy is the choice of the moderator, and so as I have said, I respect that, but the hostile attitude that so many have for those who wish to defend themselves, and to excercise a right to do so, really stinks. A lot of folks have a lot of growing up to do before there is any chance of individual freedom returning any time soon.

Look at the subject line. Its going to keep happening until people stand up for themselves. Surely no one thinks that passive resistance is going make criminals think twice. How pathetic is that?

Regards from Utah,

John

************************************************************************** Little Child: God; how come you didn't help those kids who got shot in that school in Colorado? God: I'm sorry little one, but I am not allowed in public schools. ***************************************************************************