Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:23:22 EDT
From:         Benjamin Tan <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: San Fran Parking
Comments: To: ROSEBUD99@webtv.net

In a message dated 8/31/00 12:06:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ROSEBUD99@webtv.net writes:

<< Ben T. Hi, whatever happened to the RV park in the garment district? Over the years, I have stayed there. The charge was 25.00 per night and had excellent security. Short walk to China town, very handy to buses etc. One caveat, If you are out after dark (late), take a cab to the park. The neighborhood shuts down when all the businesses close and it gets scary. Bud Yandell >>

Bud,

I hope you don't mind my sending a copy of this to the list. It may be of interest to the camping contingent.

The SF RV park is history. It is now used for event parking mostly for the new PacBell Ballpark @ $20 a pop. Attended and in & out permitted. Street parking around this vicinity is now considered extremely hazardous to you wallet. Watch the "No Parking Signs" They have date specific no parking zones. For example: "No Parking 945am-345pm on July 4th". The signs are very difficult to decipher. On one sign it will say 2 hour parking. Attached next to it is the ball park schedule. The 2 HR parking zone becomes a towaway zone on those days.

Take my advice. Drive 5 blocks south on Third Street and park on the street for free. Pay attention to the time limits though. When you start seeing 4 meters maids (the hate being called that - especially the guys) it's probably game time. Stay away.

For you kind folk inclined to come to our fair city and want some parking tips, please pmail me and I will try to assist. I don't think it a good idea to have out of date parking tips in the archive. You just might find your Westy in police impound when you come back from your shopping spree or visit to the "X" games.

BenT