Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:04:50 -0700
From:         "K. Taylor" <ktaylor@PREMIER1.NET>
Subject:      Thieves have key,
              part 2: Anyone have scans of instructions for pulling lock
              cylinders?

This is a follow-up to my posting yesterday regarding my Westy key being in the possession of the thieves who stole my wife's car.

The police found our car. It was a 1991 Maxima with every option and in showroom condition. We just returned home from going to the towing business to see what the car looked like. It was terrible. It looked like it had been abused for the last twenty years. Seriously, we weren't prepared for how bad it looked.

Since the thieves still have my wife's keychain, and since they stole her car from our driveway, I figure that the Westy is next.

I called several locksmiths today to check prices on re-keying the four locks and the ignition. If I have them remove the locks, re-key them, and re-install them, the cost is two arms and two legs. If I pull the cylinders myself, the cost is only both thumbs.

Does anyone have a manual that would show the procedure for removing the lock cylinders and ignition? Would anyone be willing to scan the pages and email them to me?

Thanks.

Ken