Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:57:25 -0600
From:         "The Jester, 69" <jester@ZARF.ORG>
Subject:      Re: [T2] Cleaning engine parts
Comments: To: George Lyle <glyle@lenti.type2.com>
Comments: cc: Carlos Del Rio <cdelrio@concentric.net>,
          "Type2@Type2. Com" <Type2@Type2.Com>

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, George Lyle wrote:

> Gasoline is too volitile, but I have to admit to using it for small jobs. > Not a good thing, though.

I have a friend... whom shall remain nameless.. who told me of how he cleaned his chassis...

He said he laid under the vehicle with a tub of gasoline, a scraper and a rag and removed the years of accumulated gunk that way. He said he was basically laying in a puddle of gas and covered with gas by teh time he was done.

I cringed, looked at him like he was an alien, and told him he must have a deathwish. he told me he thinks its perfectly safe and when i sugggested kerosene or paint thinner he pshawed me. Oh well, maybe he will have to learn the hard way, i hope not.

Dont any of you follow his example, its a very very very bad idea... (one teeny tiny spark and FOOM you are flambe` and dead on the spot or spending all your time in a burn unit in excruciating pain until you are dead or they patch you up.)

take care,

Steve