Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Sep 2000 19:23:16 -0400
From:         "Steven L. Goldstein" <dgsggold@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: I should introduce myself,
              as I used to work for Eurospec (Overland Parts)...
Comments: To: DIUTLEY@AOL.COM

Hi David, I have probably one of the last of the original 64 Eurospec kits. Our 90 Carat is in Mesa, Arizona. The engine is in and with a little luck we will bring her back home in Altadena, CA (NEAR THE ROSE BOWL). This whole process has taken about 4-5 months, NO THANKS TO EUROSPEC! When we first read about the Eurospec conversion we thought that Eurospec would stand behind there kits with support if needed. The truth is they are out of it. After many conversations with the current manager, it is clear they don't want anything to do with anyone who has one of their kits. It does not matter that the kit was missing various parts and that some of the parts were faulty! As a matter of fact, in my original conversations with Eurospec, they never informed me that they were getting out of the business. WHAT IS THE TRUTH HERE? DID MR.DAVID MEEKS LEAVE ON BAD TERMS? DID HE TAKE ALL THE PARTS WITH HIM? DID EUROSPEC NOT PAY HIM? Mr. Meeks was the brains of the 2.0 GTI conversion. My poor mechanic, he has had to modify the linkage (because it is an automatic) as well as many other finish parts. I have spoken to many other top mechanics in Northern California, and when you mention Eurospec, they say, oh ya! lots of trouble with that one! She runs just great , eventually!! Boy, I would love to talk to Mr. Meeks. I know my mechanic does! Believe me David, when this is finally over and my wife (Deborah) gets her baby back, I intend to pursue my own small claims action as well as a possible class action suite! I will send letters as well as get a hold of the Governing bodies who watch over these companys. IT IS NOT THE MONEY! IT IS THE PRINCIPLE! I am a Contractor and I must stand by my product. Eurospec should do the same! Thanks, STEVE dgsggold@gte.net