Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:44:24 -0700
From:         Douglas Prescott <vwwesty84@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      leaking propane,unrelated Rialta question

Greetings, fellow listees: If you are celebrating the long Labor Day weekend, I hope you're able to do some camping! My problem (well, ONE of my problems): When propane is turned on at the tank we smell it leaking. This smell is far more noticeable outside, and I believe it is not within the walls of the van. This is not a problem when using the stove, so I'm thinking pressure regulator. Just a guess, as I don't really know what the regulator does. But it does provoke a new thought: Could this somehow be related to the fact that I've never been able to light the stove? I'm thinking that the regulator may be allowing too much pressure to enter the van. Not a problem when at the stove, but blows out any spark I may produce when attempting to light the refrigerator. Make sense? If so, is this something I can replace myself? (I consider myself a competent, though inexperienced mech)

My sister and her partner saw a Rialta conversion and now hope to one day own one. Anyone know where to go to learn more about them? Thanks for any help you can offer! Doug Prescott Downingtown,(SE) PA