Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:44:27 +0200
From:         Nigel Bennett <NigelB@FOSCHINI.CO.ZA>
Subject:      Hot 2.1 conversion in SA

Hi everyone

In Cape Town we have this well-known garage that regularly rebuilds and "converts" 2.1 engines. Their claim to fame is an increase in power from 82kw(110hp)to 100kw(135hp). Torque supposedly jumps from 174Nm to 204Nm. Apparently the modifications are on the engine itself and NOT the electronics.

Too bad about the price though. At R18,500 it is about the same as getting my VW agent to install a brand-new I4 conversion (R 22,000). Think I'll still settle on a rebuild from .... "yours truly"!

Cheers Nigel Cape Town 89/90 caravelle syncro 97 Jetta 2.0