Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Sep 2000 11:33:12 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Cheap Westies For Sale

I have two Vanagon Westfalias that I need to move quickly. Prices greatly reduced.

One is an '85, full GL camper, good condition inside and out. The previous owner put a Ford engine in it using a flywheel adaptor plate, and that engine is now smoking. Best bet is to put a wasserboxer back in it. Converting it back would be easy if you have a complete engine (with fuel injection, exhaust, etc). Camper interior is in very good shape. GL velour interior. Rear mattress is mismatched for the rest of the vehicle but functional. Body is very nice. White. This camper would probably be worth about $4000 with a good engine. I'm asking $850, and will even cover towing up to the first 100 miles.

The second is a parts camper, '81. Good body except windshield. Good Westy interior (fridge,sink, stove, sofabed, panels, etc are all there and in good cosmetic condition; no tables, upper bunk, or rear mattress). No poptop, engine, or trans. $200. Please do not ask me to part it out, I will only sell the whole vehicle because I need the space.

Located about an hour from Philadelphia. If interested please act soon. Otherwise I plan to donate the first camper to charity, within two weeks, because I need to move it off of the lot that it's on. I am hesitating to donate it because they would almost certainly sell it to a junkyard for salvage value (since it's a non-runner), which would be a real shame because it is in much too good condition to be taken off the road. (On the other hand the tax deduction would be worth about the same $850 to me so from my perspective it's a wash.)

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW