Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Sep 2000 04:39:09 PDT
From:         Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thinking swap? Engine options are only half the story...What

But the English like 'em (BMW) - and they were originally a competitor to Mercedes Benz - World War II though left the company without some of its facilities after Russia held hedgemoney over East Germany. The Japanese make their cars in Japan for the most part, its a different labor market --- or at least in the beginning it was --- who knows what the future will hold.... Maybe someday Germans will be a cheaper source of labor than Japanese. I put 400K+ miles on a BMW 320i (gutless wonder - too heavy for the engine, but it handled nicely)