Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:42:15 -0400
From:         Ron Mighton <rmighton@PASSPORT.CA>
Subject:      New engine install

I just had Owasco VW near Toront install a VW remanufactured engine in my 90 Westfalia. The total cost of the job including $800 in taxes was $6179 CDN or about $4200US . Owasco did a good job replacing many other components along the way including a water pump and power steering pump. The engine cost before discounts was $3580 CDN. The mechanic drove it for about 400 miles (with my agreement as part of the install process) and then put it up on the hoist and rechecked everything. My warranty is for 20,000 Kilometers or 12 months and includes parts and labour at any VW dealer. They gave me a discount of $593 without my asking (about 10%) which helped keep the total cost down. The new engine seems very smooth running and powerful (well you know...its still not a V8). I just thought you might find the numbers helpful.

Ron Mighton Toronto, Canada