Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:26:01 -0400
From:         Melvin Mudgett-Price <mprice@ACMEX.COM>
Subject:      Re: lost key for water tank

I contacted Euro-American RV Products a couple of weeks ago and they no longer carry the keys. This is the response I got:

Sorry, the metal key for the tank water filler is no longer available and most people have problems having a locksmith make a new one as the blank is metric and they usually do not have metric blanks.

-----Original Message----- From: 1980 VW Westfalia "Pokey" [mailto:pokey@VANAGON.ORG] Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 2:30 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: lost key for water tank

I found this for you at http://www.vanagon.com/problems/water-tank-key.html

OEM replacement water tank keys are available from:

Euro-American RV Products (AKA Delta Six Enterprises) 2506 Douglas Dam Road, Sevierville,Tennessee 37876

+1 423.908.9384 +1 423.908.8132 fax

Key blanks If you wish to make your own water-tank key there are blanks that will work. According to Steve Sandlin of Steve's Lock Shoppe

"The key blank is an ILCO DM31. As a substitute, you can use the ILCO 1092 C or Y12. This is a US manufatured equivalent of the DOM key originally used. It is an exact replacement. The ILCO 1092C and Y12 both must be shortened to work, but could be used in a pinch."

Thanks, Chris Gronski Toronto, Ontario, '80 Westy "Pokey" '87 Chevrolet Sprint 5-Door '91 Pontiac Firefly Convertible

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Mingst" <GRAHAM.MINGST@CHASE.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 10:01 AM Subject: lost key for water tank

> Hello List > > I cannot find my key for the water fill plug and I am going away tomorrow. I > know I can fill the tank from inside, but it would be more convenient to do it > from outside. Without going to a locksmith can someone tell me if It is > possible to force this little lock open? I really don't care if it ever locks > again. This is on an '85 Westy.. > > Thanks > Graham >

[text/html]