Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:00:48 EDT
From:         Ron Semko <Skyraider0113@CS.COM>
Subject:      Re: scammed-the neverending defense of good mechanics
              everywhere!!!
Comments: To: poll7356@uidaho.edu

I am not a lawyer or a mechanic, not do I play one or the other on TV. I am the Director of Sales and Marketing for a private membership RV Resort. But I do own a 1984 Vanagon, and have for over 4 years.

I would like to ad this:

A mechanic's time is valuable, As valuable to him as a lawyer's time is to the lawyer, maybe more.

I don't want to get into the reason why it's acceptable for a lawer to charge for their time and not a mechanic, though I think there is some good cause for the mechanic to charge.

Lets just talk about being rude, and being polite. Which one of us wants to give their time, time that could be spent earning a living for our families to someone who thanks us by taking his business to someone else. Unfortunately, in this age we think that if we got away with abusing someone by taking advantage of them, that somehow we are smarter than them and that somehow makes it "ok". Well it dosen't.

It is the same idiology that lets us think that if someone drives a MB they must be realy smart. Duhhhhhhhhhh.

If you take someones time, it's not a reward to take them your business. Remember you called them. You asked them for help. You took their time.

Ron Semko Orlando, Florida