Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:12:01 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: how many people drive vw as daily driver
Comments: To: Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>

Like many I drive my 88GL as a daily driver. I too have put enough new parts into it to feel realy comfortable with the vehicle. I know just about every inch of her and every little nuance it has. I have about 91,000 mi. since new and about 5000 mi. since rebuilding the engine. When the engine blew a piston last year, that was the beginning of an intimate knowledge of the condition of just about EVERYTHING aft of the firewall. Engine runs fine now on Mahle filters and Havoline 20-50 oil and Havoline Orange coolant with Redline water wetter. The tranny was gone through two years ago. Still runs good.....using Redline MT90. On long trips has held up well since the rebuild. Been back forth between Birmingham, AL and Santa Fe, NM several times now. No Problems.

John Rodgers 88GL Daily Driver