Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:15:19 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bucking
Comments: To: finalcut <pinkfloyddan@ADELPHIA.NET>

Bucking is a common problem... describes several symptoms, but usually it involves loss or power or surging after driving typically long distance... when you shut the ignition off and restart the problems is gone... sounds kinda like your problem... but not completely sure.

> To which $100 part do you refer?

It's about 10 inches of wire that connects between the AFM and the existing wire connector on the AFM... easy to install... about $100 or so... part number: 025 906 302A

Bill ----- Original Message ----- From: finalcut To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 5:00 PM Subject: Bucking

Hello, I have a 1984 1.9 Transporter. It is bucking at high speeds, around 60 m.p.h. after a highway drive of about 30-60 minutes. I took this problem to a good Vanagon VW mechanic, who is a list member and, for free, he tried a few things. He cleaned the grounds. Well, for three weeks it stopped. Then, out of nowhere, it started again. It used to only take 8 minutes for it to begin, but with the grounds cleaned, it seemed to have helped. He checked the AFM and it seemed to be okay. HE gave a quick checkover of the engine and didn't see anything out of place. I even disconnected the idle stabilizer and bypassed it, nothing. Any ideas? I need this van to okay for a 3 hour trip to Herhsey, PA...I am going to a concert and seeing friends from my home in NY. Any ideas?

[text/html]