Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:30:37 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Help requested:  No headlights!!
Comments: To: ed <edevinney@ANENT.COM>

You have a bummed out headlight switch - been there done that twice! Good news is that the German made Sciroccos and Rabbits have the same headlight switch. Since I have installed relays I have not had this problem!

At 08:32 PM 10/09/2000 -0400, ed wrote: >My 86 GL Syncro (build date 11/85) suddenly lost its headlights, >although the high-beam lamp on the dash stays lit. Some quality time >with the Bentley and a test light shows that the hi-low beam switch >seems to be the culprit - there's power at all terminals when the >headlight switch and ignition switch are on. When the headlight switch >is off, though, 56a and 56b show power only when the lever is pulled. > >There's power at the outlet of each fuse, heading towards the >headlights, but no discernable power at the lights themselves, although >I'm not sure the test light was getting a good ground. > >If it is the hi-low switch is bad, how do I R&R? Or am I barking up the >wrong tree? > >Many thanks in advance - > >ed > >PS - it's surely a result of the engine conversion :-0 > >

-- David Marshall - Volkswagen Enthusiast - Quesnel, BC, Canada -- -- 78 VW Rabbit, 80 VW Iltis, 80 VW Caddy, 84 VW Westfalia -- -- 85 VW Cabriolet, 87 Audi 5000 Quattro, 88 VW Syncro Double Cab -- -- David's Volkswagen Home Page http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- Fast Forward Autobahn Sport Tuning http://www.fastforward.ca -- -- david@volkswagen.org (pmail) or vanagon@volkswagen.org (list) --