Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:50:49 -0400
From:         Dan Stevens <dstevens@TWCNY.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW drivetrains in early '80's Dodge cars
Comments: To: jyasment@YAHOO.COM

Yes it is true, some early omni's had vw 1.7(?) in them (and many body panles I suspect) very little actuall usable parts as they were/are bastard children of poor linage (mixed with 80's chrysler technology) (carburation, ign(really ugly), I have seen some on a few occasions and IMHO are barely worth raising the hood on.. (and I raise the hoods on anything) I am not an expert in chryslers and maybe not even VW's but I find the best parts and combinations from "exploratory" walks thru U=pull-it yards. I do not know what I like/want till I see it. I have found many treasures ie 1. a small refrige unit for Toyota mini vans hooks to A/C circut to cool a six pack-- which is getting mounted in my vanagon) 2. a kennedy adapter (rabbit)in a vanagon, now in my baja 3. conversion van rear heat/cool units.. made the way they outta be (lotsa cool/hot air and quiet) 4. turbo intercoolers the size of radiators. cost the same as a radiator and sells to Racing nutz for far more. :) 5. and I have never found anything of any use or worth in a 80's chrysler...well maybe the wiper blades....nah not even