Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:11:22 -0700
From:         Scott Catlin <SCatlin@REI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Brakes

I forgot one thing. The previous comment about adjusting the brake bias valve is extremely unadvisable. Giving too much brake power to the rear will induce oversteer and could cause the rear to come loose. When your backend comes out you are risking a spin, and in a top heavy car such as the Vanagon, a possible roll. If your brake bias valve is bad, by all means replace it, but adjusting the brake bias should only be attempted on track cars, or by people with great know-how. That's just my opinion on bias, or I guess that's my biased opinion. Whatever. - Scott