Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Sep 2000 14:28:56 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 91 vanagon carat salvage or save?
Comments: To: MAW21@PRODIGY.NET

This is a sad story. The value for parts is in the neighborhood of $1000 to $1500. No wrecking yard is likely to give you even that much. How can you sell it if there is a lien holder on the title? They will want to be paid off first. Spending $4000 on the engine will not increase the selling value of the vehicle by much if the body has significant damage. You likely could not sell it for $4000 even after you put a new engine in. I don't see any way out for you. What happened to the insurance money from the collision?

Mark