Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Sep 2000 05:18:49 -0700
From:         Richard Ferguson <fergusrh@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Still Sluggish Update

The van has been at the shop where a mechanic has gone over just about everything and can only come up with that it might be a bad temp sensor....this has been ordered. He says the engine is in great shape, we replaced the accelerator cable, the FI system looks all good, the intake and outake look good. I needed the van for the weekend so I think he must have tried the muffler idea because it sounds like it is disconnected now. The cat is good. The mechanic is stumped...we are going to try a different ignition coil because that is the only thing I have replaced since the van started to be so sluggish. The ignition coil wire had fused to the connector in the top of the ignition coil, but I replaced it with an aftermarket one from NAPA and the dealer cable so I don't know why that would be the culprit. It must be something stupid but what???? It really does seem like something is inhibiting the flow...He says the timing and timing advance is all good too. Could it be something electrical? Thanks Again for any advice, Rick 85 Westie 2.1