Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:13:44 -0600
From:         "Justin B. Jensen" <jjensen@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: heater blower
Comments: To: Michael Samson <mcsrugs@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

I assume you mean front (as opposed to the rear auxiliary heater). To replace the front blower you will have to remove the dashboard along with the instrument cluster to gain access. Its not as bad as it sounds - I recently replaced mine over the course of a Saturday-Sunday. If you are going to attempt this I would recommend you replace the following: Blower fan, ballast resistor and heater core as they are all contained within the blower motor housing. Additionally, you will need to purchase the metal clips that are used to hold the housing together once you break it apart to gain access. If you have question let me know.

Justin Jensen SLC Utah