Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:48:21 -0400
From:         Bob O'Shaughnessy <vanagon@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: '85 westy q's

tony moore (tony-moore@EXCITE.COM) said on the date of 9/17/00 12:20 PM

>hey volks, > >just resubbed to the list after something like a 4 year absence. i can >remember the 'pre-split' days! fell into the world of splits and loaves, but >now i'm back :-) >

Welcome back!

>anyway, just picked up a nice '85 westy and had some q's as my memory on >these bricks is failing :-) > >1) as with all the other vanagons i've owned, this one has the front end >"scrunch" too. i think i remember this being caused by some bushings? anyone >care to refresh my memory? >

This should be the A-arm bushings on the body. Test this by spraying them down with water (or driving throught puddles!) and then listening for the scrunch. I've never had mine fixed, but I remember people mentioning lubing the bushings with something.

Bob O'Shaughnessy, Columbus, OH vanagon@columbus.rr.com 99 A3 Jetta TDI 85GL with basic Westy interior 74 Bus (Dad's) 72 Wife, 94 Rabbit, 95 Cat, 96 cat, 98 Kid 11/00 Kid! 52 House