Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:25:15 -0400
From:         Julio T <firstdefence@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Newby

Hi Everyone, I am new to the list and thought that I would introduce myself. My Name is Julio and I live in Vancouver B.C. I do not currently own a Vanagon, but am looking to purchase one just as soon as I can sell my 2000 Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van. I am looking for a westfalia model, and my question is this. Is their any years of Vanagon that are better than others? How Do list members driving air-cooled vanagons find their vehicles? enough power? reliability? Heat? And to those of you driving water pumpers the same questions? enough power? reliability issues? Do you other list members feel safe driving your Vanagons by your self, with your families? What are some things I should look out for? My wife and I love to go camping and are also expecting our first born in february, so this is why I am asking the safety questions. My family ( parents and brothers and sisters) have always discoureged me from buying a volkswagen, on many occasions, and this has resulted in my always buying other used vehicles that I end up selling, and this last time I bought a brand new 2000 astro van, that Ive had for six months, and cant wait to get rid of!!! I am going to follow my heart and buy my westy that I have dreamed of for so long. The funnest memories of my life were when I drove and restored my 1963 beetle. My wife drives a 1995 golf, and her father has a 1995 westfalia, that he ordered in Canada, but went himself to pickup in germany then spent two monthers driving around europe, and shipped it back to canada. So my wife is very supportive of a Vanagon Westy. Any and all your help is appreaciated? and thanks for letting me ramble on a bit.

Julio

Vanagonless 1995 Golf