Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:27:47 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: my vanagon - plans/ideas
Comments: To: TieDye <boomin@EPIX.NET>

If the green coolant is of recent vintage, it probably is just fine. Right now there are three colors I know of. These were just recently posted on this list. I ran Texaco green for years in my '85 for years. Went 205,000K and never had a leak until it blew the water pump at 195K. Volkswagen calls for their brand of coolant (Autobahn I think) which is blue in color. Dexcool is the latest out and it is an orange colored biodegradable coolant. Recommended on most aluminum engines of recent vintage. I currently run dexcool. The key is they be free of phosphates.

As for oil, run 20W50 when it is hot, Run 10W40 when weather is cold. Keep bosch or Mahle filters installed and change oil frequently. I change at 2500 Miles.

John Rodgers 88GL Driver.