Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:23:11 -0700
From:         Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: how remove stove top?
Comments: To: Eric Giroux <eric.giroux@NRC.CA>

Thanks Eric,

But unfortunately this 'manual' does not show how to get at the burner assembly.

It doesn't look like taking the burner orifices apart will allow the top of the stove surface to come off.

Does anyone know how to get at the burner assembly? Does the fridge have to come out? Does the face plate at the knobs come off? Or does the burner top surface come off?

If someone knows they could save me a bit off the learning curve.

Thanks,

Bill ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Giroux" <eric.giroux@NRC.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 11:19 AM Subject: Re: how remove stove top?

>Hi Bill, > Somewhere on the web is a scanned manual for the Westy stove. I thought I >had it bookmarked, alas no, and I can'tfind it with my favourite search engine. >I'll try >to remeber to check at home tonight for the copy that I printed out to check for >the >URL and post it.

That manual is at (the address will sound familiar...):

ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/propane-manuals-89-westy/

See the files 'Stove Manual 01.jpg' and 'Stove Manual 02.jpg'.

>As I remember, there is a funny key thing (that has disappeared >from >almost all Westys) that fits into the slots in the burner so you can unscrew and >remove that >and get underneath.

HA! That key is still available! I ordererd it recently, the number is 255 070 605. I believe I paid something like $10 CND. There is no stock at the Canadian/US warehouses, it had to come from...Germany. Took about a week.

Éric