Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:23:17 -0400
From:         Jonc <jonc@WEBGEARS.COM>
Subject:      gps

I have been fooling around with my marine gps and a Microsoft mapping program called streets and trips 2000... I was the interface as streets 2000 was not functional with gps hook up... the results were quite good and pretty much free as I already had the gps and the streets 2000 came with a bundle as a freebee... I just wanted the word processing program the rest was just there... I used it on my last trip of 10k miles with great results... the mapping data base of is impressive... now 2001 has a $20 cash back plan ... The program retails for 29 bucks... I could not resist a 9 dollar mapping program... 2001 IS gps compatible and the mapping database is even more impressive than the very good one in 2000... it comes with UNLIMITED FREE telephone support... which I had to use to get it up and running... it is on line at this moment and I am off again on a several thousand mile westy ride... so far so good ... a fully functional gps mapping and routing plan that will give my position continually on my route (actually a 15 second delay)... this for $9... you have to have a clunker laptop... I have a P75 Toshiba that is now my on the road machine... if it gets lost I can replace it easily and cheaply ... I put in a large hd (7gig) so I can load the cds to the hard drive from the streets 2001 mapping program and my Nobeltech nautical charting software... if it is in North America on land or sea I can find it ... unless the cord gets cut that is...