Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:08:23 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1L engine tools

> Again VW dealer ignorance of their own resources and possibly the usual > comtempt for Vanagon-related questions rears it's ugly head. i bought a > set of wasserboxer engine tools(albeit "pricey") from the VW authorized > tool distributor

Actually, there is no need to buy these tools. I make the set of 3 VW tools used for head gasket jobs etc. (see Bentley) available for rental at a nominal cost ($20 per week), as long as you are also buying the parts from me that you will be using. (Shipping cost is nominal if we are simply sending them in the same box as the parts that you are alrerady ordering.) This rental is not intended as a profit maker for me but rather as a customer convenience; the charge is basically intended to eventually recoup the non-inconsequential cost I laid out to buy them. I also charge a $300 security deposit, refunded when the tools are received back in good condition. (Hint: Insure them when you send them back!) Technically the per week rate is calculated from time shipped until time received back, but I will generally give a bit of a break on this to west coast customers, given that UPS time is a week each way via ground. Just don't send them back via parcel post, which can take a month! Part number: toolrental . First come, first serve, of course.

- Ron Salmon The Bus DepotŪ, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_______________________________________________ ORDER BY PART # TOLL FREE: 1-888-819-DEPOT