Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Sep 2000 07:45:18 -0600
From:         Rick Berman <love2bike@USWEST.NET>
Subject:      Wish to trade Land Rover for Syncro

My Rover is a 1973 SerIII Green 88 inch. I have owned it for 18 years. The truck was

prepared for safari work. I will list a few things I have added to the unit. 1. Custom built

aluminium roof rack with ladder and solid deck 2. Custom-built heavy front bumper with

8000lb warn 8274 winch. 3. 3 inch custom-built stainless steel snorkel with top mounted

air filtration system. 4. Bike rack on rear of truck that pivots with rear door and holds two

bikes. Etc. About 65k miles ago I did a frame off restoration that also included every

mechanical assembly and sub assembly, Engine, only keep the old block, everything

else was new, bored 30 over, transmission was sent to Rovers North and completely

rebuilt, both axle's were renewed with all new parts every other part under the car was

replaced including the brake lines. Total parts alone were well over 20,000 not including

my labour.

Many extra components like air pump, air horn, air open hood, hella 4000 lights,

heated front windows, new cab components, Murphy auto shut off gage pack, volt and

amp high resolution gages in dash, just to much to list for now. I performed all work and I

am an accomplished mechanic. All parts came from rover north. I do have 98% of the

invoices from Rover North. Very min. off road use (I never got around to it). The truck has

had almost no use in the past 5 years.

CHECKOUT PIC'S AT

http://www.fototime.com/inv/B362CF5BD495030

[text/html]