Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:53:25 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pro Training Manual(s)
Comments: To: Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>

OK I'll broadcast what I started to do as a volunteer project.

I had no problem with speed of download, it was just the quantity of pages to download one at a time. Unless I did not see the a huge large file somewhere.

Thank you for the effort of the initial scanning of each page of each manual!

I wanted to put all the single pages into one document. I decided to start typing and place all the diagrams and drawing in the same page as the jpg files. I've been attempting to re type the entire manual and cutting and pasting the images in the text appropriately. I'm doing this in MS Word and MS Photo Editor. I have about 10 pages done on the ECU manual.

It's a slow process an there must be a better way to do OCR, but I get to actually read and study the information rather than look at the pretty pictures.

Ultimately I was going to post the results for the list in a MS Word and a PDF file when it was finished.

Let me know if I'm on the right track and there is some interest in seeing this done. I will accelerate the effort. I was also wondering how big this MS Word file was going to grow to with all the diagrams inbedded so it may be a huge stinking file in Word.

Thanks, Joel Cort 89 Syncro Westy Rochester NY.

--- Bill Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET> wrote: > Boy, these pages take forever to load and print one at a time... > > Is there a faster way? A place where the whole manual can be set to > download > and I can walk away for a couple of hours??? > > Or.... anyone have the Chutzpa to burn CD's for this????? :) > > Thanks, > Bill